Picture does not an exact reflection of the recipe below.
Makes dinner for two, with leftovers for lunch.
Approximate cooking time: 45 minutes.
3 medium (5”-6”) sweet potatoes,
peeled and cut in 2” pieces
4 (4-6 oz each) boneless, skinless
sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper, to taste
4 shallots, sliced into thick rings
2 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
4 Tbs coconut oil
1) Wash and chop sweet potatoes. Place in a large pot and cover
with cold water.
2) Bring pot to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 tsp sea salt and reduce heat to
medium-low. Simmer until tender (about 14-16 minutes).
3) Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water. Drain remaining liquid and return sweet
potatoes to pot. Mash with reserved cooking water.
4) Meanwhile, season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly
ground black pepper.
5) Heat 4 Tbs coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
6) When pan is hot, add sliced shallots and rosemary and cook for one minute.
7) Add chicken breasts to pan and pan-fry until golden brown
and fully cooked (7-8 min per side).
8) Serve with mashed sweet potatoes on the side.
Feel free to add anywhere veggies tooth's meal and make it your own. I like asparagus as it gives it nice fresh feel.